Sunday, December 11, 2011

Ah Rest Day

Yesterday was sunday, my day off. And it felt great to be incredibly lazy for a day. I added it up and I spent 19.5 hours training last week, mostly classes but also including hill sprints and some conditioning work to prevent injuries to my cannon ball like shoulders.
So after this big week it was great to head to Phuket spa with a couple of pals and kill a few hours going back and forth between the herbal sauna and the pool.

Over the last couple of weeks my goals ad priorities in training have changed quite a bit. Just taking there natural course I guess, as I find what suits me the most. Initially I had planned on training mostly muay thai and western boxing, but it's just not happening like that now. I am totally addicted to jiu jitsu now. Every class is better than the last. Maybe it's because the learning curve is so big right now, but I'm finding it so satisfying. I lie in bed at night running through moves in my head.... haha. I think alot has to do with professor Silvio who teaches the class. He loves to teach and he brings alot of enthusiasm and charisma.

The jiu jitsu classes have a good crew in them, a few French guys who all got skills and me and a couple of other Aussie boys who don't got skills but we are learning. There is a few things that are starting to click for me, I love taking the back and i'm always looking for it. Every time I roll with French guy Romain, he always grabs my back and then transitions around to an arm bar. I'm going to get Romain to show me this after class today so I can try it when I can't sink a choke in.
And then there was the Gi class. It was like starting all over again wearing a Gi. I had that same feeling of being a little kid and getting messed around with and not being able to do anything about it..... Ahhh love it!

I never really got it back at work when people would ask 'are you living the dream?' I thought it must be some kind of cruel joke that everyone else got except me.... Well now I am living the dream. At night I am looking forward to the morning so I can wake up and learn some more.... It's great.

Dan is happy!

2 comments:

  1. Nice man:) im doing a couple of months contracting with alliance so i can go to thailand next year. Ive really been getting into climbing the last couple of months too. Cant wait to get over there

    ReplyDelete