Monday, December 26, 2011

Ups and Downs

The last couple of weeks have been a bit of an emotional roller coaster. Well not really, but living here if you can't train it gets boring pretty fast....
So I had a few small injuries that kept me out of the gym for a bit and I started going clinically insane. But things heal up and training resumes and Dan is happy again. Yay!
I did and MMA class where the focus was alot more on ground and pound rather than wrestling. Man thats like an all new sport. It was crazy, coach really pushed us to our limits. It was great and i definitely learnt alot, and as coach said it is important to push your limits. During the the ground and pound drills/ sparring I was submitted a bunch of times when I was on top throwing punches, and I have a nice bruise on my head from being on the bottom defending punches.
And jiu jitsu has been incredible. I love it. I had this big monster sitting in my guard and he was trying to work. I was doing something but whatever it was Silvio was watching and called out to me to switch to an arm bar. I flicked my leg over the guys head to grab the arm bar, but the guy rolled and I ended up face down on the ground but I still had the arm tight. I gave it a crank and I got the tap, it was beautiful. Silvio was happy with me, and it made me proud to get the thumbs up from him...

1 comment: