Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Hidden nuggets of gold

I like running, but running on the road can be a bore, and here in Thailand running on the road is like running around in Grand Theft Auto. The roads are crazy. So I started riding out to a big dam that has a road the whole way around it, it's about 7km to run a lap and pretty nice scenery too. But today I had just started running a lap and in the strip of forest between the road and the dam I noticed a couple of little signs with arrows on them. After riding mountain bikes for so many years I know what it looks like when someone has marked out a race track, so I checked it out. Yep it was a beautiful cross country race loop, I was so happy. Running on trails is just great, so much more entertaining and away from the glaring heat of the road. Running trails is just better training too, the agility needed and the effort required for all the undulations. After running only on the road for the last five months this felt like a real treat, I ran two laps and I will definitely be back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment