Saturday, March 10, 2012

Time flies

Where has my motivation gone? I feel like now that I have decided to go home I'm just going through the motions with my training. In three weeks i will be on a plane heading home. The last couple of months training have been great, mainly focused on boxing with Silviu. But now the end is near and my mind is thinking about riding sweet single track in Canada, and not thinking about blocking that left hook that's coming for my body.

The last couple of months Have been doing a lot of boxing training and many private lessons with Silviu. In any other sport that I have done I have never really been coached. Now I see the value in having a great coach. I am probably not a great student, I won't really take information on board unless I am told 'why' it is important. And that is exactly what Silviu has been doing for me. He explains every action in precise detail and then he tells me why. I've learnt a lot from these lesson. I love it when we talk a little about tactics and he goes on and on talking about so many little details and strategies, it's great. It seems like every week I am having an "ah ha' moment, first it was about footwork then hip movement and then i was trying to get more speed in the hips then that needed more fitness. Now it is balance and controlling the space in the ring.

In my last few weeks I am changing things up a bit to help me stay motivated. I'm going to be doing some sambo with Silviu, aswell as muay thai and a couple of lessons of BJJ.

No comments:

Post a Comment